The city of Palm Beach Gardens and Alton Town Center are hosting holiday toy drives this month.
| Palm Beach Post
Things to do in Palm Beach Gardens:
1. Holiday Joy Drive: The Holiday Joy Drive sponsored by the Palm Beach Gardens Police & Fire Foundation is underway.
Those wishing to donate to a child in need during the holiday season can do so by bringing an unwrapped toy or gift card to any Palm Beach Gardens Fire Station, Police Department Headquarters, City Hall, or Burns Road Community Center before Dec. 24.
This year, there is a significant need for single rolls of wrapping paper and items for teenagers.
2. Drive-Thru Toy Drive: Alton Town Center at 5340 Donald Ross Road in Palm Beach Gardens will host a Drive-Thru Santa & Elves Toy Drive Saturday from 9-11 a.m.
The center will be accepting new, unwrapped toys to benefit Adopt-A-Family of the Palm Beaches.
Guests will get to meet and greet Santa from the comfort of their own vehicles. Each child may tell Santa their wish list and in return, receive a surprise toy and gift bag filled with goodies, including a gluten-free cookie courtesy of Bolay. A “frozen” special guest also will be on hand.
The drive-thru will be positioned at the Alton Town Center Northwest Parking lot off Donald Ross Road next to Waxins Restaurang and Bar, Verizon, and Xfinity.
Guests are asked to make reservations in advance for the event. To reserve a spot, visit www.altontowncenter.com. Space is limited.
3. Drive-in Movie Night at Legacy Place: Registration is underway for a drive-in movie night event hosted by Legacy Place, the City of Palm Beach Gardens and the Police and Fire Foundation Joy Drive.
The event will take place Dec. 19 on the top level of the Legacy Place garage. The featured film is Elf, starring Will Ferrell.
Doors open at 4:30 p.m., and cars must be in place by 5:45 p.m. The movie will start at 6 p.m.
Arrive early to meet Santa, Mrs. Claus and Buddy the Elf from 5-6 p.m. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, touching of characters is not permitted..
Admission is $15 per car load to be paid at the time of registration.
Capacity is limited, and per-car reservations are necessary. Register at https://bit.ly/37A8zdH.
COVID-19 guidelines must be followed. Masks are necessary when outside each vehicle. Social distancing must be observed, and guests cannot sit on top of cars.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the City of Palm Beach Gardens Police & Fire Foundation Joy Drive.
For information about the film, visit www.shoplegacyplace.com.
Legacy Place is at 11290 Legacy Place Ave.
4. Gingerbread House Party: The Friends of the North Palm Beach Library will host a virtual gingerbread house decorating party Saturday at 1 p.m.
Cost is $20, and includes the kit and virtual party.
Registration and kits are available at the library, 303 Anchorage Drive. There are a limited number of kits, so early registration is recommended.
For information, visit www.village-npb.org/188/Library.
5. GardensArt exhibition: GardensArt, the City of Palm Beach Gardens’ Art in Public Places program, is hosting an exhibition of mixed media paintings by artist Vicki Siegel.
The exhibit runs through Jan. 21 at the City Hall Lobby, 10500 N. Military Trail. Exhibit hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For information, call 561-630-1100 or visit www.pbgrec.com.
6. Free holiday photos in Lake Park: The town will hold free holiday photo sessions on select days in December.
Sessions will be held on the town green on the corner of Park Avenue and 9th Street.
Registration is required. For information or to register, contact 561-840-0160 or [email protected]
Other holiday event in Lake Park include:
• Santa’s Magical Ride: Santa will travel through Lake Park on his sleigh Saturday from 6-9 p.m.
• Holiday Decorating Contest: The town will host a holiday decorating contest through Dec. 31. Residents are encouraged to decorate their homes or businesses in celebration of the holiday season.
To enter, send a photo of the decorations to [email protected] Entries will be judged on being the most creative. The top three winners receive a gift card.
7. All Decked Out: Palm Beach Gardens is hosting a Holiday Home Decorating Contest.
Participants are encouraged to decorate the exterior of their homes for the holiday season, snap a photo showing the lights and décor, and submit the photo via the city’s online form.
Registration deadline is Friday.
Palm Beach Gardens residents are encouraged to vote for their favorite decorated home. The voting period is Dec. 14-17. Winners will be announced Dec. 19.
For more information and contest rules, visit www.pbgfl.com/1100/All-Decked-Out.