When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- The holiday gift-giving season will look different for many this year due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
- Choosing gifts that come with gift wrapping is an easy way to make gifts feel extra special, especially if you won’t be giving them in person.
- We’ve rounded up a list of stores that offer gift-wrapping services for free or a small fee.
- Read more: A running list of stores offering free returns
- Read Insider Reviews’ Black Friday 2020 deals and Cyber Monday 2020 deals coverage for more savings.
This season, the holidays will likely be a little different for many people due to the ongoing pandemic. Because of safety concerns, some families and friends may be spending the holidays apart. That means more gifts will probably be shipped to recipients instead of being given in person. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still make the season and the gifts you exchange extra special.
One way to do so is to consider the packaging when gift-giving. Thanks to stores that will gift wrap orders for you, you don’t have to spend hours cutting yards of sparkly paper or trying to get the ribbon to curl just so. Getting an order professionally gift wrapped with a beautiful box or a shiny bow is an easy way to up your gifting game.
Additionally, since choosing the perfect item or size for someone else can be a challenge, consider shopping at stores that offer free returns. Here’s a list of stores that offer gift wrap options, listed in alphabetical order.
Get gift-wrapping services for free or a small fee at these stores:
- Amazon: While not available for every single item, gift wrapping is an option for most products found on Amazon. Gift wrapping includes a box, decorative ribbon, and a printed card with a gift message. Prices vary depending on the nature of the item.
- Apple: Gift wrapping is available for select orders placed online either for delivery or pickup. When an eligible product is added to your bag, a checkbox comes up automatically with the option to select “This is a gift.” Apple Gift Package includes a signature gift box with a red ribbon and a greeting card with your personal message. Costs for full gift wrapping vary, but adding a gift message is free.
- Barnes & Noble: Nearly all in-store and online purchases from Barnes & Noble can be gift wrapped. A gift message is free to add, while full wrapping with a box and ribbon costs $4.99.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Many Bed Bath & Beyond stores have a station where you can gift wrap a package for free, complete with wrapping paper, tape, and ribbon. Online orders can be gift wrapped starting at $5.99 per order.
- Best Buy: Best Buy doesn’t offer any true gift wrapping options. However, they will email the gift recipient a personalized message once the gift has been delivered for free. Additionally, Best Buy branded gift boxes can be purchased for $4.99.
- Buy Buy Baby: Most Buy Buy Baby stores have a free gift wrapping station in stores with all the essentials like tape, wrapping paper, and ribbon. However, they do not have a gift wrap option for online orders.
- Crate & Barrel: Gifts can be placed in simple black and white boxes with branded ribbons for $5.50 per box. Certain items do not qualify for gift boxing, including Outlet, oversized and heavy items. A gift message can be included for all items for free.
- Lands’ End: Most online Lands’ End purchases can come in cute branded boxes with ribbons by simply selecting the “Gift Box” option at checkout. Personalized gift messages can also be added.
- L’Occitane: While L’Occitane won’t do all the work for you, you can choose to add a Signature Gift Box Kit with your purchase at checkout so you can easily wrap the gift yourself at your convenience. The kit includes a gift box, tissue paper, and a ribbon for $4.99.
- MAC Cosmetics: MAC provides branded gift boxes starting at $4.95. They also have what they call “digitally wrapped gifts” that makes gifting makeup and skincare products especially easy. The recipient will receive a notification about the gift via text or email. They can then easily accept the gift, swap the shade, or even choose a different product of the same price and decide when it will be delivered to their doorstep.
- Macy’s: A free gift message can be included with any purchase for free. Most purchases can also be sent in a gift box for $6.00 per order, though oversized items may not be eligible.
- Neiman Marcus: You can select a gift wrap option during online checkout for $7.50. Gifts come in a pretty silver box with a bow, a personalized gift message, and a gift-tag ornament.
- Nordstrom: In addition to free standard shipping and free returns, Nordstrom also offers free gift wrapping on orders, making holiday gifting extra easy.
- Pottery Barn: Both in-person and online orders can be gift wrapped by Pottery Barn. However, the fee for the service is higher than at many other stores, costing $8.50 per item. As an added personal touch, you can also get many of their products personalized with a monogram for $12.00 per item.
- Sephora: At checkout, Sephora shoppers can opt for gift wrapping services. A simple black bag with a red drawstring costs $3.00, while a Sephora-branded gift box runs $5.00. You can also add a gift message for free.
- Sur la Table: Gift wrapping is available for most items at Sur la Table. During the online checkout process, you can designate the items that you want gift wrapped or choose to add a free gift message. Gift wrapping costs $5.99 per item.
- Target: Gift wrap is available for most Target items for a flat rate of $5.99. If you buy multiple quantities of the same item, the items will be wrapped together for the same flat rate. Gift wrap styles and colors change often, but the styles generally include gift boxes or bags of various sizes in the classic red and white Target colors with the bullseye design.
- Ulta: The beauty giant offers special holiday gift boxes for orders from November through December. Choose a gift option during checkout for $3.95.
- Williams-Sonoma: For online orders, gift wrap is available that includes the brand’s signature white paper and a black ribbon. The service is rather pricey at $8.50 per item, and each line item in your shopping cart is wrapped separately, with the exception of multiples of products. A gift message can be included for free.
Get inspiration from these great holiday gift guides:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]